Listen!! This is very simple to make and it requires just a couple of ingredients. Growing up, my dad would buy freshly baked meat pie from SFC (Southern Fried Chicken – I think they’ve closed shop now) every Sunday after church for us. Good old days.
Now, I don’t need to even buy my meat pie from elsewhere as I can bake it myself. There is actually no particular recipe for making the pastry for this meat pie.
On a visit to Julie’s end (one of my very good friends), she baked me some delicious meat pie. I watched her steps and decided to share it on here. I will be trying it out soon. If you do give it a shot, I’d love to know how it went!
- minced meat
- chopped onions
- chopped green peppers
- cold butter or margarine
- Add a little oil to a frying pan and allow it to heat up. Add the minced meat and onions and allow to cook until brown.
- Add seasoning and salt. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Stir in chopped green peppers.
Making the Pastry
- Mix your dry ingredients (flour, salt and nutmeg)
- Add butter to the flour and mix with your fingers
- knead dough just sufficiently to bind together
Check out these pictures for a step by step guide on how to make the pie.
I do hope you give this a try. Let me know how it goes in the comment section.
❤️ ❤️ ❤️